The Woodbury Community Foundation’s mission is to connect people and organizations to causes that matter. Our strategic priorities instruct us to help serve the community by working in partnership with organizations to help improve effectiveness and help creating easier giving opportunities. The Foundation is uniquely positioned to help organizations fulfill their missions by serving as a charitable giving partner. But what does that mean? In this capacity, the Foundation may help facilitate:
- Philanthropy Services
- Provide advice and support for new and ongoing fundraising initiatives
- Faciliate online giving opportunities through the Foundation website
- Stewardship and acknowledgement services for received contributions
- Back Office Support Services
- Management of ongoing, day-to-day banking, bookkeeping and reporting
- Manage effective grant making services
- Provide updated records and reports for inclusion in annual reports
- If necessary, help facilitate the completion and submission of form 990 to the IRS
- Provide the State of MN with the Charitable Organization Annual Report
- Development of New Nonprofit Organizations: For those individuals and groups that are looking to create new organizations, the Foundation can be helpful in:
- The development, completion, and submission of Form 1023 tax exempt application to IRS and 501(c)(3) determination letter. This process could take between 2 and 8 months depending on the IRS. In the short term, the Foundation can work with organizations to create fiscal sponsorships during the process.
- Submission of the Form ST-17 to MN Department of Revenue for a Certificate of Exempt Status (from sales tax)
- Help facilitate the submission of the MN nonprofit corporation filing and annual renewal with the MN Secretary of State
The Foundation believes that there is great value in providing organizations with these and other services intended to free up organizations to focus on fulfilling their missions, working with their constituents, and delivering the quality, impactful programming and services that their communities have come to expect.
If your organization is interested in working with the Woodbury Community Foundation, please contact our office at 651-788-6581 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.