Our Basic Needs Task Force
recently commissioned a Community Needs Survey
from Wilder Research
(with partners3M Foundation
, the Greater Twin Cities United Way
, and the United Way of Washington County East
) to look at issues of greatest concern to Woodbury residents. The results have highlighted four Key Initiatives – YOUTH, JOBS, HOUSING, and FOOD
– that are now driving the direction of our organization. We want to be a catalyst for change, search for gaps in service, and reach the disconnected.
- YOUTH. We are working to support youth who are missing activity participation due to the current economy. We convened roundtable discussions with various local youth-focused organizations, which resulted in a partnership with the Youth Resource Connection. This collaboration helps maximize access to resources and opportunities for all Woodbury youth. Read more >
- JOBS. We are working with our primary partners, the County Workforce Center and the Woodbury Chamber of Commerce, to assist with job loss and job creation. We are inspiring collaboration among organizations including the business community, faith community, educational, and training organizations that are already successful in order to help those in need. We are also supporting the City of Woodbury in convening forums of topical interest and networking events while improving access to resources for both employers and job seekers. Read more >
- HOUSING. As the local partner for Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity, we had an excellent response to our first “Community Build Week”. Held at the Garden Gate subdivision, the event launched a three-year program with Habitat for Humanity. The partnership also raises the visibility of Woodbury’s commitment of “Household Stability and Strong Neighborhoods for All,” and will be helping low-income families repair and maintain their homes through the Brush with Kindness program and assisting with volunteer recruitment for the Homeownership program. Read more >
- FOOD. We are helping to support our local food shelf, the Christian Cupboard, to meet critical hunger needs in Woodbury. We are also assistiing them in developing their organizational structures ensuring future success in serving our citizens in need. Read more >
We are inspired by those who are working for the well-being of all residents of Woodbury, particularly those who are dispossessed, alienated or otherwise disadvantaged.