Ballast Tax and Business Services
Custom One Homes
West Houle Family/ Metro Gravel
Dick & Diane Hanson
Part of the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area, Woodbury is the 9th largest city in Minnesota. And it is the largest city in Washington County, with a population of 68,820
TIME Magazine recognized the city Woodbury as the Best Place to Live in Minnesota. Money Magazine listed Woodbury among The Best Places to Live in America. Factors such as a healthy economy, affordable housing, educational performance, convenience, safety, and a high quality of life contribute to the city’s desirability and livability.
Although the citizens of Woodbury have much to be thankful for, the city is not without its challenges.
There is a “hidden Woodbury,” the Woodbury that can get ignored:
- 2,973 households have an annual income less than $35,000
- 543 households receive Food Stamp/SNAP benefits
- 3.46% of the population is living below the poverty line
- Females from age 25-34 are the largest group living in poverty
- 8,800 individuals speak a primary language other than English
- 2,400 Individuals do not speak English proficiently
- 629 individuals age 25 or older have an education level of less than Grades 9-12, with no diploma
- 7,300 individuals are foreign-born
- 14,800 individuals are persons of color
- 100 students are known to be homeless in South Washington County schools
- 250 families rely monthly on the local Christian Cupboard Emergency Food Shelf
- 7,512 Individuals are age 65 and older
The Woodbury Community Foundation is a charitable foundation that assures that our city is a premier and caring place to live and work for all. We inspire collaboration by connecting individuals and businesses with causes that matter, making a real impact within our community and producing real, measurable results.
4 Ways We Work to Help Woodbury
Our Grant Programs
The Woodbury Community Foundation is proud to offer Community Grants to support and invest in local nonprofits which are making a difference in our community. WCF will gave special consideration to funding nonprofit projects that addressed one of four strategic focus areas that have been identified by the community as areas of local concern in 2019. Click Here for More Information.
The Woodbury Community Foundation operates and oversees the following programs that benefit our community and make it a better place to live and work. These programs recruit, train, energize and mobilize a network of community volunteers and enhance the effective of local organizations through collaboration and networking:
Other Programs & Initiatives
The Woodbury Community Foundation also provides administrative, technical and marketing support to other community organizations and individuals when they set up a fund with the Woodbury Community Foundation. We help them achieve their goals and objectives for bettering the Woodbury Community:
The Woodbury Community Foundation is building a legacy fund to ensure the sustainability of good works performed in our community. The income from your investment, along with other donations, will help us to provide grants to organizations that create the greatest impact on the community. You may also make gifts to a specific area.
Without a sense of caring, there can be no sense of community.
Anthony J. D'Angelo