Woodbury Community Foundation Awards $8K in Grants to Help Local FamiliesNovember 5, 2019
Woodbury Community Foundation Helps Local Families with $11,500 in Emergency Grants During COVID-19 CrisisMarch 31, 2020
Community Foundations exist for a time such as this, to be flexible and responsive to emerging needs. We want you to know that Woodbury Community Foundation is taking all the necessary precautions to keep business running as usual while our community manages the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID 19), as well as to help lead efforts in our community to assist people in need. As we navigate the challenges of this pandemic on our local community, we want to let you know how your support is allowing us to help the community right now.
- We have voted to allocate emergency funding – Woodbury Community COVID-19 Emergency Response Grants have been established to help support the implications from COVID-19 as needs arise in the local community. If you know of a charitable effort that needs emergency assistance, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and our team will expedite a review.
- We are communicating with members of our Non-Profit Roundtable, the consortium of 25+ local non-profits to understand what the changing needs are. We have already heard of a 30% increase in local food shelf use, and with the schools closing, know our food insecure students will be at risk.
- We are partnering with the Minnesota Council on Foundations, the St. Paul and Minneapolis Foundations in a fundraising effort for the Minnesota Disaster Recovery Fund, designed to aggregate resources which will be deployed in response to community needs over COVID-19.
In addition to following all the CDC recommendations and those of Minnesota State officials, we’ve made the following changes for our operations in the best interest of employee, volunteer and participant health.
- The Woodbury Foundation Office will formally close for in-person business until further notice. Our team has the ability to work remote, and will continue to monitor voicemails and emails.
- In-person meetings for our regular Board and Committees will be replaced with teleconference or web calls for the time being.
- Donor Advised Fund holders will be contacted individually for updates as it pertains to their investment accounts through Edward Jones.
- We have suspended scheduled programs, events and gatherings, including the Woodbury Citizens’ Academy and Woodbury Thrives until further notice.
Thank you again for being a friend of the Woodbury Community Foundation. We are already hearing such positive stories of generosity in this community, and we thank you for being a part of it all.
If you’d like to support us with a donation, please text Give2Woodbury to 243725.